My Book

Sunday, December 7, 2014

STRESS FREE HOLIDAY TIP #6

Keep a proper sleep schedule. This one is especially important since sleep can be a major issue with depression. If I don't put 100% effort into a good sleep regimen, it causes complete havoc in every area of my life. As we have heard for years and years, the best thing to do is get up at the same time each morning, and go to bed at the same time each night. If you need to nap, do what the experts say and take a short power nap. It really does help. Keep yourself busy and motivated throughout the day and remember, fresh air and exercise always make for a good nights sleep. When your alarm goes off in the morning don't lay there and think about how much you don't want to get up, just do it. It pays off to be consistent, I was told by my doctor that it can take up to six weeks to get back into a routine that leaves you feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment